Monday, October 7, 2013

Cambodia

Taboo, the game, is sorta my wife's thing. I mean, she's about to get a masters in Linguistics, so playing with words, and knowing how to describe them, that's like her realm. There are other things that are not her realm. Like geography.

So there we were playing Taboo with some friends, and it was my wife's turn. She picked up a card, and we flipped the timer.

"Umm, it's a country. It's in South America."

I've studied Spanish for around 10 years, so I know a thing or two. I've travelled to South America, not just once, but multiple times. I had this. Or so I thought.

I quickly rattled off a list of the countries in South America and looked up, grinning like a fool at my wife.

"No, none of those..... A different one."

Following that statement was 30 seconds of frustration as she continued to insist that I must have forgotten a country. I didn't. The timer ran out, and with it our hopes for any points that round. Sitting back with a sigh, I asked her what country it was.


Cambodia, for those of you who were wondering, is not in fact in South America. It is in South Asia. On the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment